Ice lanterns are a classic for a good reason- they cost nothing and they couldn´t be easier to make. Letś just hope the weather is crisp enough to lit our lanterns and share the beauty with every single passenger:) This year we use all our empty containers and start crafting!
But how to make ice lanterns?
- take two containers, one small enough to fit inside the other
- fix the containers, using masking tape or just placing a rock inside the smaller one
- Fill the gap between containers with cold water (and if you wish, add some evergreens, berries etc)
- Leave your lantern to freeze (in it’s not cold enough outside you can easily use the freezer)
- To remove lantern from the mold, just let it sit indoors for a while until the surface starts melting.
Ice lanterns with juniper. Source
Why not use fresh flowers for your special DIY project? Source
Not quite a lantern but just as pretty and so easy to make! Source
Seeking for some more DIY ideas for Christmas decor? Read our previous post here 🙂